Super Science Classes
The main objective of the project "Super Science Classes - Enhancing Teaching through ICT and Experimental Science" is to provide unprivileged children living in the informal settlement of Mathare (Nairobi, Kenya) with access to modern science education which shapes critical thinking and creativity. This is being achieved through the following activities:
- Strengthening local capacity in improving the quality of education through formation of a network of Kenyan trainers and experts in the field of active methods of teaching science.
- Intense trainings, long-term consultations and coaching of science teachers working in non-formal primary schools in Mathare which will equip them with innovative science teaching competences.
- Equipping students and teachers with computer skills and information on free and valuable educational resources in the Internet.
- Reducing digital exclusion of children and teachers from Mathare by facilitating their access to computer infrastructure and Internet.
- Providing Mathare schools with modern teaching aids and materials which will enable them teach science in an active and exciting way.
The project is implemented by Education Effect Africa in cooperation with Partners Poland Foundation and funded by the Polish development cooperation programme 2013 and 2014 of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Poland.